« Don't drive drunk... get a free Thanksgiving ride home | Main | Get paid by the government for being green »



Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

This billing for purchases outside California DOES happen when you shop abroad and come through Customs listing a California address on your declaration. You then will get a bill in the mail from the Franchise Tax Board ! They claim this is to prevent "unfair competition with California retailers" by all those market vendors in Nepal where you bought the local handicrafts. What?! Those items aren't even offered by Californnia retailers!

"A friend" suggested using an alternative, non- California address on your federal cistoms declaration, if you have one i.e. a close relative).

As long as the Department of State can find you there, it meets their purposes. IMHO CA doesn't need to get any more of your money.

The comments to this entry are closed.